BEST TREATMENT SPECIALIST FOR IVF FERTILITY – TEST TUBE BABY
ODISHA CENTRE FOR L.I.F.E
(LAPAROSCOPY, INFERTILITY, FIBROIDS & ENDOMETRIOSIS)
IVF is the most common form of ART ( Assisted Reproduction Technology)process of fertilization by manually combining an egg and sperm in a laboratory dish, and then transferring the embryo to the uterus.
It is usually indicated when…….
- both the tubes are badly damaged
- husband’s semen /sperm quality is very poor
- UNEXPLAINED infertility ( when all assessed parameters seem ok but do not yield the desired results)
- Advanced maternal age.
If the husband sperms are really bad , then the option is ICSI ( intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection)
A.usually in the room with literally no pain or incision on the abdomen
usually by a very small catheter ,3-5 days after retrieval ,again without incision or pain
The first step is to stimulate the ovaries to produce more eggs by fertility drugs
They are retrieved in an OPD setting by a process called follicular aspiration, usually in the room with literally no pain or incision on the abdomen
The finest quality eggs are placed with sperms of the husband and this is termed insemination.The eggs are fertilised by the sperms a few hours after incubation.
when the fertiltised egg divides, it is called an embryo.
It is the process where embryos are placed into the woman’s womb 3 – 5 days after egg retrieval and fertilization
They can be frozen and used or donated afterwards.
If the husband sperms are really bad , then the option is ICSI ( intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection) where the sperm is directly injected into the egg.
- IVF DOESN’T HAVE 100 % SUCCESS RATE
- GO FOR IVF ONLY IF YOU HAVE FAILED BY TRYING NORMALLY, BY OVULATION INDUCTION AND IUI.
- PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK US ANY QUESTIONS DURING CONSULTATION BEFORE YOU EMBARK ON IVF.